Thursday, November 29, 2012

Peanuts roots soup

 
 
 
 
 

This is an interesting and yummy soup. I never heard of it before until I read it from a blog that  many parents believe that the roots of peanut help children to  grow taller. I honestly don't know if this is true, but my research on the web makes me want to this soup for my family.

Peanut root, according to research, is full of the anti-oxidant, Resveratrol, usually associated with red wine, which helps protects the heart and lower cholesterol, and helps prevent cancer. The finished soup is full of peanut fragrance and my 3 kids love the soup.


Ingredients:

Peanut Root, 500g
Pork Muscle / lean pork, 500gm
Water, 3L
5 red dates
5 dry scallops
some wolfberries


Method:

1. Place all ingredients in a soup pot, filled with 4l of water
2. Bring to the boil for 30 mins, then boil over medium-low heat for 2 hrs.
3. salt to taste


Note:

- To wash Peanut Roots, stripe off the top leaves, only leaving those near the bottom. The leaves would give the soup a biter taste. I usually wash it several times, shaking the roots in the water like whisking, to loosen the soil and dirt.



Original recipe from :http://whatscookingdaddy.blogspot.sg/2007/09/peanut-root-soup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment